Are you considering building a natural wood deck this spring? Natural wood is a wonderful choice to create a gorgeous and impressive deck that gives your home a warm and comfortable aspect. There are several different types of natural wood make great choices for building a natural wood deck! Read about our available options below.
Wood Species for Your Natural Wood Deck
No matter what species of wood you choose, your deck will look elegant and inviting. Different types of wood have their own special colors, textures, and strengths. At Fisher Lumber, we have a wide variety of high-quality natural wood lumber that is ideal for any decking project.
- Madison Treated Wood. Low-quality lumber is going to end up costing you more in repairs over time. To avoid this, we offer Madison Treated Wood, which is wood that comes from top-quality mills and is protected from weather to preserve the bright, consistent color and integrity of the wood. This is one of the best pressure-treated lumber available on the market.
- ACQ Treated Wood. “ACQ” stands for Alkaline Copper Quaternary. This is a new alternative to wood treated with the chromated copper arsenate (CCA) wood preservative method, which is arsenic-based and unsafe. ACQ Treated Wood is safer, greener, and more sustainable.
- Western Red Cedar. For an especially beautiful and rustic deck, Western Red Cedar is a winning option. Not only is Western Red Cedar a gorgeous natural red color, it is also naturally resistant to rot!
- Ipe. Ipe is a classic natural wood deck choice. The dense, tight grain means that this wood is tough and long-lasting. This beautiful natural wood has a rich brown color with a red hue and is sourced from countries in Central and South America.
- Yellow Pine and Tendura Tongue and Groove Porch Flooring. If your deck has minimal space and hardware, then Yellow Pine is a great choice. You can even use decorative mouldings on the edges to hide any spaces on the end caps!
Get In Touch With Fisher Hardware And Lumber Today
Since 1894, Fisher Lumber and Hardware has been serving homeowners and professional contractors in the Maryland, Washington D.C., and Northern Virginia areas with top quality lumber, building materials, tools, and accessories. Operating under the same ownership since 1947, our business has been built on our reputation with our customers. Get in touch with us today by calling 301-424-6500 or by visiting our website. Stay in touch via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Google+ too!