Storm doors are the perfect addition to the home that protects your exterior doors from damage, fading, and adverse weather conditions. They also provide your property with extra security and add insulation. Fall is here, and the weather is being to cool down. Now is the perfect time to test if your storm doors are adequate before winds pick up, and advisory winter weather comes along. Here we partner with Masonite to provide homeowners and contractors alike with fiberglass, steel, and glass doors that are not only stylish but perfect for preserving your home. If you’re not sure where to begin in regards to buying a storm door, then continue reading. We’re going to provide a guide
More on Why You Should Buy
- Energy efficiency-They block drafts and preserve energy
- Extra insulation- Inner and outer layers include foam or solid cores
- Aids in Longevity- They extend the lifespan of your door
- Keeps out pests, dirt, and debris
- Gives your home extra sunshine and air
- Makes your home safe and secure
How to Choose
Choosing a suitable storm door takes a lot of consideration. Here are three essential things you should consider:
- Size– Choosing a size is straightforward, so long as your door isn’t an odd shape. Standard door sizes typically range from 30″-36″. However, if you need a different size, we can find the perfect size for you. You should measure the height and the width of your exterior door frame and not the inner door jam for an accurate measurement. Measuring the amplitude at different angles helps as well. Also, if you prefer your door to swing open a certain way, make sure to select an option that fits your preference.
- Construction– Masonite offers steel doors. Steel doesn’t dent easily and doesn’t warp. Masonite also offers fiberglass options. This option is sufficient for reducing heat transfer and improving energy efficiency. Glass doors add more sunlight to a home, which Masonite offers as well.
- Appearance and Configuration– Exterior door frames can come in a variety of unique colors. You can also choose what kind of view you want. There are partial view and full view options.
Depend on Leland Fisher Lumber For Your Lumber and Hardware Needs!
Leland Fisher Lumber is a full-service lumber and hardware supplier. We’ve serviced homeowners and professional contractors in Montgomery County, Howard County, and Frederick County since 1894! Whether you want to remodel your home or upgrade your business, we have the professionalism and expertise to make any architectural vision come to life.
Be sure to visit Fisher Lumber’s Designer Showroom featuring displays of Andersen Windows, Therma-Tru entry doors, Simpson and Masonite exterior doors, as well as a wide selection of interior doors featuring Simpson, Masonite, Lemieux, and JELD-WEN. Our knowledgeable experts are ready to assist you! Contact us at 301-424-6500 and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.