Do you have a deck and looking to expand your outdoor living space? You can do it by creating a dry outdoor living space under your deck. This is possible when installing a underdeck gutter system. When a underdeck gutter system is present, you have the option to create more storage space for your home while entertaining family and friends. By having a underdeck gutter system, you will have the opportunity to use your deck and underdeck all year-long because the gutter system will keep your deck dry no matter if it rains or snows.
Another advantage of a underdeck gutter system installation is adding years of usage to your deck because the underdeck gutter system will help keep the deck framing dry, making the average deck last for 30 to 40 years. Instead of having a deck, you would now have a deck and covered porch area. This is possible because the underdeck gutter system diverts water away from your home. As a result, you will enjoy a dry, clean and bright area right outdoors. Here are some other creative ways you can use a underdeck:
- Create a patio space featuring a hot tub area. This social and entertainment area is perfect for hosting friends and family as well as relaxing on your own.
- Install a screened enclosure. This will create a space for you to read books, serve meal times or create an extra living space right outdoors.
- Design a custom storage area. This can help you free up your interior spaces like your living room and basement and better purpose those areas because you will have extra storage space.
The underdeck gutter system design catches water and redirects away from the deck. During the summers you will have space to watch warm summer rainstorms. In the autumn you can lounge with a cup of coffee or hot tea, as you watch the vibrant leaves fall from the trees. The winter time enjoy the first snow fall with your family as you get cozy with a book and you don’t have to worry about water freezing within your deck because the underdeck gutter system removes water within seconds, making it a perfect drainage solution for extreme cold, ice and snow. Here are more benefits you can reap from a underdeck gutter system:
- It is very durable as its design does not easily dent or scratch.
- It does not take up a great deal of headroom with only a couple of inches needed for installation.
- It does not rust, mold, or fade. It will not rot a wood deck.
Need help designing the perfect deck and underdeck for your outdoor space? Fisher Lumber is here to provide you excellent deck design services to increase your home value and beautify your outdoor living space today.
Since 1894, Fisher Lumber and Hardware has been serving homeowners and professional contractors in the Maryland, Washington D.C., and Northern Virginia areas with top quality lumber, building materials, tools, and accessories. Operating under the same ownership since 1947, our business has been built on our reputation with our customers. Get in touch with us today by calling 301-424-6500 or by visiting our website. Stay in touch via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Google+ too!