- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain at least 6 feet distance between yourself and anyone else.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority. National and local authorities will have the most up to date information on the situation in your area. Calling in advance will allow your health care provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility.
- Keep up to date on the latest COVID-19 hotspots (cities or local areas where COVID-19 is spreading widely).
In addition, in an effort to minimize the spread of any and all viruses and illnesses, while continuing to operate under the mandate of an essential business, we are taking the following internal precautions:
- Avoiding close contact This includes handshaking and close physical distance. We are gently reminding all customers that (1) A 6 foot distance should be maintained between individuals at all times (2) No more than 10 customers at a time will be permitted in the store, and (3) All customers (as well as all employees) are required to wear facemasks while in Fisher Lumber.
- Staying home when sick All Fisher Lumber employees have been instructed to stay home if they have any symptoms of sickness, and to seek appropriate medical attention as recommended by the CDC and the WHO.
- Maintaining personal sanitation Our staff has been instructed to wash/sanitize their hands frequently and effectively throughout the day. We will be discontinuing the practise of handling customers’ cell phones for transactions. If a contractor has a customer who would like to pay via telephone they are welcome to call into the store in order for us to take their card. If they are comfortable with it, the contractor is welcome to enter the card number into our pin pads manually. We have temporarily discontinued the practise of signing for orders (both pick up and delivery). ** While our customers are no longer required to sign – This in no way negates the responsibility to pay all charges and/or fees associated with acceptance of delivery of goods and materials.** Also, effective immediately, and for the foreseeable future, we will not be accepting cash for purchases. We truly regret any inconvenience this may cause. While we have always prided ourselves on our close personal relationships with our customers and business associates, this is an extraordinary time that requires a serious response.
- Maintaining a clean and sanitized workplace Fisher Lumber has daily janitorial cleaning. We have enhanced this by requesting additional CDC/EPA approved products to be used for “wipedowns” of bathrooms, doorknobs, coffee stations, time clocks, and other public facing devices. We are also frequently cleaning our sales counters, credit card terminals, computer terminals, counter sales phones, and sales counter printers. Cleanings are being done with a disinfectant that is proven to kill viruses. Our Drivers have been issued disinfectant, paper towels, and hand sanitizer to clean their hands before and after delivery, and wipe down their delivery trucks.
Fisher Lumber is committed to providing the best products and offering the best service in the industry. We, like all of you, are taking this pandemic and its effects on our community very seriously. We are here and eager to serve.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our store at (301) 424-6500